The Recipes (samples, screenshots, etc.)
This Recipes page is ‘under construction’ (retro!) and will slowly be populated with example files showing how to create projects, testing files, etc…
In a discussion on preferred equipment to record narration, I was asked to record a piece using my headset (Plantronics C310) as a quality sample. Play that sample clip below! See a related blog post (Narration Guidelines).
Captivate Video Demo (clickspots, mobile playback)
- How to do a simple ‘clickspot’ (or ‘hotspot’) overlay on video; using a ‘slide video’ on the timeline with clickspots placed at various points, pausing the video, to allow users to interact with the piece.
- Showing how an MP4 placed as an ‘Event video’ allows video-specific controls which will work on both desktop (SWF) and mobile (HTML5) output. Event videos in CP are the only way to show video-specific controls, but you cannot then accurately time other timeline events with those videos as they have their own controls.
- The movies used here were converted from old .avi to .mp4 using QuickTime Pro.
- The first was placed using a standard practice of importing the video into the library, then placing on the slide, expanding the slide timeline to the length of the video.
- The second was placed using ‘Video > Insert Video > Event Video’ and browsing to the desired movie.
- Neither of these videos have audio tracks.
- Published to SWF and HTML5, no SCORM/etc, and the ‘scalable’ option not checked nor tested.