The Recipes (samples, screenshots, etc.)
This Recipes page is ‘under construction’ (retro!) and will slowly be populated with example files showing how to create projects, testing files, etc…
Captivate Video Demo (clickspots, mobile playback)
Update: this demo was updated to Captivate 8 and posted on the eLearning Brothers blog as a solicited guest article.
- How to do a simple ‘clickspot’ (or ‘hotspot’) overlay on video; using a ‘slide video’ on the timeline with clickspots placed at various points, pausing the video, to allow users to interact with the piece.
- Showing how an MP4 placed as an ‘Event video’ allows video-specific controls which will work on both desktop (SWF) and mobile (HTML5) output. Event videos in CP are the only way to show video-specific controls, but you cannot then accurately time other timeline events with those videos as they have their own controls.
- The movies used here were converted from old .avi to .mp4 using QuickTime Pro.
- The first was placed using a standard practice of importing the video into the library, then placing on the slide, expanding the slide timeline to the length of the video.
- The second was placed using ‘Video > Insert Video > Event Video’ and browsing to the desired movie.
- Neither of these videos have audio tracks.
- Published to SWF and HTML5, no SCORM/etc, and the ‘scalable’ option not checked nor tested.